Join Boy Scouts Today!
If there's one thing Scouts know, it's that the best part of earning a badge is the experience. And with badges ranging from backpacking to robotics, there are tons of cool experiences to be had. So if your looking for real adventure, get involved with Boy Scouts of America®. You'll see first hand how once-in-a-lifetime opportunities can lead to a lifetime of success.
Boy Scout Joining Requirements
- Meet the age requirements. Be a boy who is 11 years old, or one who has completed the fifth grade or earned the Arrow of Light Award and is at least 10 years old, but is not yet 18 years old.
- Find a Scout troop near your home.
- Complete a Boy Scout application and health history signed by your parent or guardian.
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or Promise, Scout Law, motto, and slogan, and the Outdoor Code.
- Describe the Scout badge.
- Complete the pamphlet exercises. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide.
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference. Turn in your Boy Scout application and health history form signed by your parent or guardian, then participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
Contact our Committee Chair or Scoutmaster today. You can also attend one of our weekly meetings every Monday at 7:15pm for more information.
American Legion Hall
4000 Saratoga Avenue
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Mary Chris Flannery & Sharon Hart